New Zealand Whites: This is one of the most popular rabbit meat breeds, and in countries such as the United States, its meat is better than other rabbits. These rabbits can weigh 3.6 to 5 kilograms.
- Californian Rabbits: These are a hybrid breed of Chinchilla and New Zealand Whites. They have white fur and black spots and are known for their brick-like nature and they provide good meat. They can weigh between 3.2 and 4.8 kilograms.
- American Chinchilla: These are the best breeds of rabbits for meat and they are paired with Chinchilla rabbits which are nevertheless larger in shape. They are gray and their meat can weigh up to 3.6 kilograms. Meat is more preferred than fried or grilled.
- Silver Foxes: These are the most domesticated rabbits that are suitable for decoration as well as for meat. This species is very rare and can weigh between 4 to 5 kilograms. They have a darker shade of silver and raised ears, just like a silver fox.
- Champagne D Argent: This interesting type of rabbit has been used for meat since 1631. Their meat is loved all over the world and is good for breeding. You can find them in a variety of colors like white, milk or chocolate.
- Cinnamons: These are a hybrid breed between New Zealand White rabbits and American Chinchilla. Their nature is in keeping with their origin. These rabbits provide good meat and are commercially domesticated for meat.
- Satins: These are big and heavy rabbits that provide high amounts of meat. It’s good for beef for meat. Their nature is medium and they are available in various colors like blue, black, copper, chocolate, red, Siame and otta.
- Rex: These rabbits with soft, soft fur are kept for fur and meat. When they are older they can weigh between 3.2 and 4 kilograms. They have blue, amber and white spots. Their meat is good and they are very good at raising livestock.
- Palomino: These are excellent meat breeds and are commercially grown for meat only. They are gentle and should be kept at home. They can weigh between 3.2 and 4.5 kilograms.
- Flemish Giants: these are big rabbits and their enclosures must be built up to one meter in height. Full size is reached after 9 months. Rabbits 01,02,03 and 09 are already found in Tanzania in Arusha, DSM and Kilimanjaro regions.